Corporate Name Requirements
* The name of the corporation may not contain language implying a different purpose from the purpose or purposes in articles of incorporation. The name shall not be the same as or similar to the name of any domestic or foreign profit or nonprofit corporation, trade name, trademark or service mark registered in this state, limited liability company, statutory trust company or limited partnership or other business entity.
Articles of Incorporation Requirements
- Minimum Number – One or more.
- Residence Requirements. – No provision.
- Age Requirements – None.
- Directors are required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
- The officers are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
- No extra filing fees based on number of share or amount of par value.
- The fee of the annual statement is computed on assets in Wyoming.
- The tax is based on that portion of the corporation’s capital, property and assets located and employed in Wyoming by the following scale.
- Value of capital, property and assets in State Tax$50,000 or less $25Over $50,000 up to and including $100,000 $50Over $100,000 up to and including $500,000 $100Over $500,000 up to and including $1,000,000 $200Over $1,000,000 $200 for every million dollars or fraction thereof
- The maximum annual license tax cannot exceed $50,000 per year.
Income Tax Rate
For more information on Wyoming annual reports and fees, visit Wyoming Secretary of State
- Shareholders have limited liability protection
- May be listed and traded as a publiccorporation on the stock market or “over the counter”
- Has a separate and independent tax status from its owners
- Profits are not subject to “double taxation”
- Corporate losses may be “passed through” to share holders
- Shareholders are afforded the same protection as C Corp.
- Contains characteristics of both corporation and partnership
- Shareholders may take advantage of “Pass-Through” taxation
- Limited liability for share holders
Not for profit corp
- Eligible for tax-exempt status
- Limited Liability protection
- Qualify for public and private gains