Corporate Name Endings
* Must be in English language or any other language expressed in English letters or characters; must contain word “corporation”, “incorporated”, “limited”, or “company” or an abbreviation thereof; may not contain word that implies that it is incorporated for a purpose other than business purpose for which a corporation may be incorporated; may not be the same, or deceptively similar to, name of a domestic or foreign corporation or limited liability company or limited partnership or any reserved name, registered fictitious name or trade name unless consent had been given.
Articles of Incorporation Requirements
- Minimum Number – One or more.
- Residence Requirements. – No provision.
- Age Requirements – Eighteen or older.
- Directors are required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
- The officers are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
- An increase in the shares may cause an increase in the initial filing fee.
- Domestic corporations and foreign corporations authorized to transact business in North Carolina must file an annual report with the Secretary of State within 60 days following the last day of the month in which the corporation was incorporated (or received a certificate of authority). Filing fee, $10.
Income Tax Rate
- First $3,000 of taxable income, 3%; $3,000 to $8,000, 4 1/2%, $8,000 to $20,000, 6%; $20,000 to $30,000, 7 1/2%; $30,000 to $50,000, 9%; over $50,000, 10 1/2%.
For more information on taxes, visit www.state.nd.us/taxdpt
- Shareholders have limited liability protection
- May be listed and traded as a publiccorporation on the stock market or “over the counter”
- Has a separate and independent tax status from its owners
- Profits are not subject to “double taxation”
- Corporate losses may be “passed through” to share holders
- Shareholders are afforded the same protection as C Corp.
- Contains characteristics of both corporation and partnership
- Shareholders may take advantage of “Pass-Through” taxation
- Limited liability for share holders
Not for profit corp
- Eligible for tax-exempt status
- Limited Liability protection
- Qualify for public and private gains