Corporate Name Endings
* The name must contain the word “corporation,” “company,” “incorporated, or “limited,” or an abbreviation thereof, provided that if “company” or “co.” is used, it may not be immediately preceded by the word “and” or an abbreviation of “and.” The name may not contain any word or phrase which indicates or implies that the corporation is organized for any purpose other than one or more of the purposes contained in its articles of incorporation. The name may not be the same as or deceptively similar to that of a domestic corporation or a qualified foreign corporation or a reserved name, with qualified exceptions.
Articles of Incorporation Requirements
- Minimum Number – One or more.
- Residence Requirements. – No provision.
- Age Requirements – None.
- Directors are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
- The officers are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
- An increase in shares or par value does not effect initial fees.
- Domestic and qualified foreign corporations file annually. Deliver report to Secretary of State between July 1 and November 30 of year, except that the first annual report of a corporation must be filed between July 1 and November 30 of state fiscal year (July 1-June 30) next succeeding the state fiscal year in which its articles of incorporation or its application for certificate of authority was filed.
Income Tax Rate
- 8% of taxable Idaho income.
For more information on taxes, visit www2.state.id.us/tax/index.htm
- Shareholders have limited liability protection
- May be listed and traded as a publiccorporation on the stock market or “over the counter”
- Has a separate and independent tax status from its owners
- Profits are not subject to “double taxation”
- Corporate losses may be “passed through” to share holders
- Shareholders are afforded the same protection as C Corp.
- Contains characteristics of both corporation and partnership
- Shareholders may take advantage of “Pass-Through” taxation
- Limited liability for share holders
Not for profit corp
- Eligible for tax-exempt status
- Limited Liability protection
- Qualify for public and private gains