Corporate Name Endings
* The name shall not contain any word or phrase, or abbreviation or derivative thereof, which indicates or implies that it is organized for any purpose other than one or more of the purposes permitted by its certificate of incorporation. The name shall be distinguishable from the names of other for profit and nonprofit domestic corporations and foreign corporations and from the names of domestic and foreign limited partnerships and from current name reservations or registrations. The name shall not contain any word or phrase, or any abbreviation or derivative thereof, the use of which is prohibited or restricted by any other statute of N.J. The name shall contain the word “corporation,” “company,” “incorporated,” or shall contain an abbreviation of one of these words; or shall include the abbreviation Ltd.
Articles of Incorporation Requirements
- Minimum Number – One or more.
- Residence Requirements. – No provision.
- Age Requirements – Must be 18 years old.
- Directors are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
- The officers are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
- An increase in shares or par value does not effect initial fees.
- Secretary of State assigns to each corporation a special date for reporting. The corporation must report within 30 days before or after that date to the Secretary of State. A $40 filing fee is due with the report.
Income Tax Rate
- 7.25% of entire net income.
For more information on taxes, visit www.state.nj.us/treasury/revenue
- Shareholders have limited liability protection
- May be listed and traded as a publiccorporation on the stock market or “over the counter”
- Has a separate and independent tax status from its owners
- Profits are not subject to “double taxation”
- Corporate losses may be “passed through” to share holders
- Shareholders are afforded the same protection as C Corp.
- Contains characteristics of both corporation and partnership
- Shareholders may take advantage of “Pass-Through” taxation
- Limited liability for share holders
Not for profit corp
- Eligible for tax-exempt status
- Limited Liability protection
- Qualify for public and private gains