* The name of the corporation shall contain one of the words “association,” “church,” “college,” “company,” “corporation,” “club,” “foundation,” “fund,” “incorporated,” “institute,” “society,” “union,” “syndicate” or “limited,” or one of the abbreviations “co.,” “corp.,” “inc.,” “ltd.”. The name shall be distinguishable upon the records of the secretary of state from names of other corporations, limited liability companies and limited partnerships.
Articles of Incorporation Requirements
- Minimum Number – One or more.
- Residence Requirements. – No provision.
- Age Requirements – None.
- Directors are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
- The officers are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
- An increase in shares or par value does not effect initial fees.
- An annual statement must be filed yearly by domestic and foreign corporations organized for profit. The tax rate is $1 per $1000 of shareholders equity attributable to Kansas. Minimum tax, $20; maximum tax, $2500.
Income Tax Rate
- 4% of taxable income, plus surtax of 3.35% of Kansas taxable income in excess of $50,000 for all tax years.
For more information on taxes, visit www.state.ks.us/public/kdor
- Shareholders have limited liability protection
- May be listed and traded as a publiccorporation on the stock market or “over the counter”
- Has a separate and independent tax status from its owners
- Profits are not subject to “double taxation”
- Corporate losses may be “passed through” to share holders
- Shareholders are afforded the same protection as C Corp.
- Contains characteristics of both corporation and partnership
- Shareholders may take advantage of “Pass-Through” taxation
- Limited liability for share holders
Not for profit corp
- Eligible for tax-exempt status
- Limited Liability protection
- Qualify for public and private gains