Corporate Name Endings
* The name must contain the word “corporation,” “company,” “incorporated,” “limited,” or an abbreviation of one of those words. The name shall not contain word “cooperative.” The name must be distinguishable from the name of any corporation, or a name reserved or registered by another corporation or any professional corporate name, nonprofit corporate name, cooperative name, limited partnership name, business trust name, or assumed business name. Name shall be in English alphabet.
Articles of Incorporation Requirements
- Minimum Number – One or more.
- Residence Requirements. – No provision.
- Age Requirements – Must be 18 or older.
- Directors are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
- The officers are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
- No extra filing fees based on number of share or amount of par value.
- Every domestic and foreign corporation authorized to transact business in Oregon must file an annual report with the Secretary of State and pay an annual license fee by the anniversary of the date on which the corporation’s certificate of incorporation or certificate of authority to do business was issued. Domestic corporations pay a fee of $30.
Income Tax Rate
- 6.6% of Oregon taxable income. Minimum tax is $10.
For more information on taxes, visit http://www.oregon.gov/DOR/Pages/index.aspx
- Shareholders have limited liability protection
- May be listed and traded as a publiccorporation on the stock market or “over the counter”
- Has a separate and independent tax status from its owners
- Profits are not subject to “double taxation”
- Corporate losses may be “passed through” to share holders
- Shareholders are afforded the same protection as C Corp.
- Contains characteristics of both corporation and partnership
- Shareholders may take advantage of “Pass-Through” taxation
- Limited liability for share holders
Not for profit corp
- Eligible for tax-exempt status
- Limited Liability protection
- Qualify for public and private gains