Corporate Name Endings
* The name must contain the word “corporation,” “incorporated,” or “company” or abbreviation thereof, or words or abbreviations of with the same meaning in another language. The name must be distinguishable from name of any domestic corporation or authorized foreign corporation, domestic or foreign limited liability company or partnership, or any reserved or registered name in the state of Utah.
Articles of Incorporation Requirements
- Minimum Number – Minimum of three directors, however, if the corporation has fewer than three shareholders, number of directors may be equal to or greater than number of shareholders.
- Residence Requirements. – No provision.
- Age Requirements – Eighteen or older.
- Directors are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
- The officers are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
- No extra filing fees based on number of share or amount of par value.
- To Division of Corporations and Commercial Code no later than the end of the second month following the month in which the report form is mailed by the Division. The annual report fee is $10.
Income Tax Rate
- 5% of net income. Minimum tax, $100.
For more information on taxes, visit http://tax.utah.gov/
- Shareholders have limited liability protection
- May be listed and traded as a publiccorporation on the stock market or “over the counter”
- Has a separate and independent tax status from its owners
- Profits are not subject to “double taxation”
- Corporate losses may be “passed through” to share holders
- Shareholders are afforded the same protection as C Corp.
- Contains characteristics of both corporation and partnership
- Shareholders may take advantage of “Pass-Through” taxation
- Limited liability for share holders
Not for profit corp
- Eligible for tax-exempt status
- Limited Liability protection
- Qualify for public and private gains