Corporate Name Requirements
*The name shall contain word “corporation”, “company”, “incorporated”, or “limited” or end with abbreviation thereof. The name may not contain any word or phrase which indicates or implies that corporation is governmental agency or that it is organized for any purpose other than purpose for which corporations may be organized under laws of Missouri. The name shall be distinguishable from the name of any domestic or foreign corporation authorized to do business in Missouri or any limited partnership, limited liability company, or reserved name.
Articles of Incorporation Requirements
- Minimum Number – Three or more, except that corporation may have one or two directors provided the number of directors to constitute the board is stated in articles of incorporation.
- Residence Requirements. – No provision.
- Age Requirements – Eighteen or older.
- Directors are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
- The officers are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
- An increase in the shares may cause an increase in the initial filing fee.
- By August 1 with Secretary of State; remit fees to Director of Revenue. The fee is $45.
Income Tax Rate
- 6.25% of Missouri taxable income.
For more information on taxes, visit http://dor.mo.gov/
- Shareholders have limited liability protection
- May be listed and traded as a publiccorporation on the stock market or “over the counter”
- Has a separate and independent tax status from its owners
- Profits are not subject to “double taxation”
- Corporate losses may be “passed through” to share holders
- Shareholders are afforded the same protection as C Corp.
- Contains characteristics of both corporation and partnership
- Shareholders may take advantage of “Pass-Through” taxation
- Limited liability for share holders
Not for profit corp
- Eligible for tax-exempt status
- Limited Liability protection
- Qualify for public and private gains