* The name must include word “Corporation,” “Incorporated,” “Company,” or “Limited” or an abbreviation thereof. The name cannot imply purpose or power not possessed by corporations organized under Indiana Business Corporation Law or in articles of incorporation. The name must not be distinguishable to a reserved name or the name of any other corporation then existing under laws of state without consent of user.
Articles of Incorporation Requirements
- Minimum Number – One or more.
- Residence Requirements. – No provision.
- Age Requirements – None.
- Directors are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
- The officers are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
- The shares of stock and par value can be increased with no additional filing fee.
- Every domestic corporation must file a biennial report. Filing fee is $30. The first biennial report must be filed in the second year following the calendar year in which a domestic corporation was incorporated.
Income Tax Rate
- 3.4% of adjusted gross income from Indiana sources plus 4.5% supplemental net income tax.
For more information on taxes, visit www.state.in.us/dor
- Shareholders have limited liability protection
- May be listed and traded as a publiccorporation on the stock market or “over the counter”
- Has a separate and independent tax status from its owners
- Profits are not subject to “double taxation”
- Corporate losses may be “passed through” to share holders
- Shareholders are afforded the same protection as C Corp.
- Contains characteristics of both corporation and partnership
- Shareholders may take advantage of “Pass-Through” taxation
- Limited liability for share holders
Not for profit corp
- Eligible for tax-exempt status
- Limited Liability protection
- Qualify for public and private gains