Corporate Name Endings
* Name must contain the word “association”, “corporation”, company”, “incorporated”, or “limited” or an abbreviation. The name shall not contain language stating or implying that the corporation is organized for an unlawful purpose. The name shall be distinguishable from the name of domestic, non-profit, or foreign corporations authorized to transact business; the reserved or registered name of a corporation; the fictitious name of a foreign corporation; the name of a limited liability company or foreign limited liability company; the partnership name of a limited liability partnership, registered limited liability partnership, or registered foreign limited liability partnership.
Articles of Incorporation Requirements
- Minimum Number – One or more.
- Residence Requirements. – No provision.
- Age Requirements – None.
- Directors are required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
- The officers are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
- An increase in shares or par value does not effect initial fees.
- An annual report & certificate of disclosure must be each year. The filing fee is $45. The statement must be filed to the Corporation Commission by the 15th day of the 3rd month after close of calendar or fiscal year adopted by corporation for Arizona income tax purposes.
Income Tax Rate
- The income tax rate is 9.0% of net income or $50, whichever is greater. The minimum tax is $50.
For more information on taxes, visit http://www.azdor.gov/
- Shareholders have limited liability protection
- May be listed and traded as a publiccorporation on the stock market or “over the counter”
- Has a separate and independent tax status from its owners
- Profits are not subject to “double taxation”
- Corporate losses may be “passed through” to share holders
- Shareholders are afforded the same protection as C Corp.
- Contains characteristics of both corporation and partnership
- Shareholders may take advantage of “Pass-Through” taxation
- Limited liability for share holders
Not for profit corp
- Eligible for tax-exempt status
- Limited Liability protection
- Qualify for public and private gains