Corporate Name Requirements
* The name must contain word “corporation,” “company,” “incorporated,” or “limited” or an abbreviation. The name must not contain words implying a different purpose from those purposes in the articles of incorporation. Corporate name must not contain the word “city”, “borough” or “village.” The name must not be the same as or deceptively similar to a name already in use or a registered or reserved name.
Articles of Incorporation Requirements
- Minimum Number – One or more.
- Residence Requirements: No provision.
- Age Requirements: None.
- Directors are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
- The officers are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
- An increase in shares or par value does not effect initial fees.
- Domestic corporations must file a biennial report . The cost of the report is $100. The report must be filed by January 2 of filing year and every two years thereafter, it is delinquent if not filed before February 1.
Income Tax Rate
- Tax rates are graduated from 0% to 9.4% in increments of either $24,000 or $25,000 of taxable income. The 0% rate applies to taxable income of $25,000 and below, while the 9.4% rate applies to taxable income of $222,000 and over.
For more information on taxes, visit Alaska Department of Revenue
- Shareholders have limited liability protection
- May be listed and traded as a publiccorporation on the stock market or “over the counter”
- Has a separate and independent tax status from its owners
- Profits are not subject to “double taxation”
- Corporate losses may be “passed through” to share holders
- Shareholders are afforded the same protection as C Corp.
- Contains characteristics of both corporation and partnership
- Shareholders may take advantage of “Pass-Through” taxation
- Limited liability for share holders
Not for profit corp
- Eligible for tax-exempt status
- Limited Liability protection
- Qualify for public and private gains