Corporate Name Endings
* The name must contain word “corporation,” “company,” “incorporated,” or “limited” or an abbreviation. The name must not contain words implying a different purpose from those purposes in the articles of incorporation. Corporate name must not contain the word “city”, “borough” or “village.” The name must not be the same as or deceptively similar to a name already in use or a registered or reserved name.
Articles of Incorporation Requirements
- Director Information
- Minimum Number – One or more.
- Residence Requirements. – No provision.
- Age Requirements – None.
- Directors are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
- Officer Information
- The officers are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
- Stock Information
- An increase in shares or par value does not effect initial fees.
- Annual Statements
- Domestic corporations must file a biennial report . The cost of the report is $100. The report must be filed by January 2 of filing year and every two years thereafter, it is delinquent if not filed before February 1.
- Income Tax Rate
- Rates range from 1% of taxable income when taxable income is less than $10,000 to a high of $4,500 plus 9.4% of taxable income over $90,000 when taxable income is $90,000 or more.
For more information on taxes, visit http://www.revenue.state.ak.us/
- Shareholders have limited liability protection
- May be listed and traded as a publiccorporation on the stock market or “over the counter”
- Has a separate and independent tax status from its owners
- Profits are not subject to “double taxation”
- Corporate losses may be “passed through” to share holders
- Shareholders are afforded the same protection as C Corp.
- Contains characteristics of both corporation and partnership
- Shareholders may take advantage of “Pass-Through” taxation
- Limited liability for share holders
Not for profit corp
- Eligible for tax-exempt status
- Limited Liability protection
- Qualify for public and private gains