Corporate Name Endings
* The name must be distinguishable from that of any corporation authorized to transact business in the state; a reserved or registered name; the fictitious name of a foreign corporation; any assumed business name, limited partnership, limited liability company, trademark, or service mark. The name must contain word “corporation”, “company”, “incorporated”, “limited”, or an abbreviation of such words or words or abbreviations.
Articles of Incorporation Requirements
- Minimum Number – One or more.
- Residence Requirements. – No provision.
- Age Requirements – None.
- Directors are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
- The officers are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
- An increase in the shares may cause an increase in the initial filing fee.
- Report filed with Secretary of State between January 1 and April 15 of each year on prescribed form. First report is due between January 1 and April 15 of year following calendar year in which certificate of incorporation or certificate of authority was issued. Annual report fee is $10.
Income Tax Rate
- The tax is imposed at the rate of 6.75% of all net income. The minimum tax is $50.
For more information on taxes, visit http://revenue.mt.gov/default.mcpx
- Shareholders have limited liability protection
- May be listed and traded as a publiccorporation on the stock market or “over the counter”
- Has a separate and independent tax status from its owners
- Profits are not subject to “double taxation”
- Corporate losses may be “passed through” to share holders
- Shareholders are afforded the same protection as C Corp.
- Contains characteristics of both corporation and partnership
- Shareholders may take advantage of “Pass-Through” taxation
- Limited liability for share holders
Not for profit corp
- Eligible for tax-exempt status
- Limited Liability protection
- Qualify for public and private gains