* Must contain one of the following words: “Corporation,” “Incorporated,” “Limited,” or the abbreviation of any of these words. The name may contain the word “Company” or the abbreviation “Co.” if “Company” or “Co.” is not immediately preceded by the word “and” or the symbol &.” The name must not be same nor deceptively similar to any other reserved or registered name of a corporation. The name cannot use certain enumerated words relating to banking, savings and loans or insurance.
Articles of Incorporation Requirements
- Minimum Number – Three or more. If only one or two shareholders, the number of directors can be less than three but not less than the number of shareholders.
- Residence Requirements. – No provision.
- Age Requirements – None.
- Directors are required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
- The officers are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
- An increase in shares or par value does not effect initial fees.
- Report due with Secretary of State by May 15, fee is up to $25.
Income Tax Rate
- Louisiana Taxable Income Over But Not Over Tax Rate
$0 $25,000 4% 25,000 50,000 5% 50,000 100,000 6% 100,000 200,000 7% 200,000 over 8%
For more information on taxes, visit www.rev.state.la.us
- Shareholders have limited liability protection
- May be listed and traded as a publiccorporation on the stock market or “over the counter”
- Has a separate and independent tax status from its owners
- Profits are not subject to “double taxation”
- Corporate losses may be “passed through” to share holders
- Shareholders are afforded the same protection as C Corp.
- Contains characteristics of both corporation and partnership
- Shareholders may take advantage of “Pass-Through” taxation
- Limited liability for share holders
Not for profit corp
- Eligible for tax-exempt status
- Limited Liability protection
- Qualify for public and private gains