New York State Professions Licensed by the State Deparment of Education

If you are practicing one of the following professions and want to set up a company, you will need to set up a professional corporation
or Professional LLC (PLLC).

Acupuncture Architecture Athletic Training
Audiology Certified Shorthand Reporting Chiropractic
Clinical Laboratory Technology

  • Clinical Laboratory Technologists
  • Cytotechnologists
  • Clinical Laboratory Technicians
  • Certified Histological Technicians

  • Dentists
  • Dental Anesthesia/Sedation
  • Dental Hygienists
  • Certified Dental Assistants
Engineering Interior Design Land Surveying
Landscape Architecture Massage Therapy Medical Physics

  • Physicians
  • Physicians, 3-year limited license
  • Physician Assistants
  • Specialist Assistants
Mental Health Practitioners

  • Creative Arts Therapists
  • Marriage and Family Therapists
  • Mental Health Counselors
  • Psychoanalysts

  • Registered Professional Nurses
  • Nurse Practitioners
  • Licensed Practical Nurses
Occupational Therapy

  • Occupational Therapists
  • Occupational Therapy Assistants
Ophthalmic Dispensing
Optometry Pharmacy

  • Pharmacists
  • Pharmacy Establishments
Physical Therapy

  • Physical Therapists
  • Physical Therapist Assistants
Podiatry Psychology Public Accountancy

  • Certified Public Accountants
  • Public Accountants
Respiratory Therapy

  • Respiratory Therapists
  • Respiratory Therapy Technicians
Social Work

  • Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW)
  • Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
Speech-Language Pathology
Veterinary Medicine

  • Veterinarian
  • Veterinary Technician