WE ARE HIRING!
USA Corporate Services is looking for a Administrative Assistant to work at our midtown Manhattan office. As a core contributor, you will work with a tight-knit company formation team that helps our customers keep their companies in goodstanding. The position can grow with what you bring to it.
Can you cope with the demands of a fast-paced office, be accurate with data entry, be able to understand a customer's needs and (with training, of course) be able to prepare the correct documents and properly handle the processes associated with ongoing company administration needs?
- Company records: input information about the companies we set up and maintain, and update as necessary
- Company filings: prepare file various corporate filings with the State of New York and other states
- Prepare invoices for annual services
- Prepare legal advertising for LLCs formed in New York State
- Contact and assist clients with the filing of annual reports in Delaware, California and other states
- Process and forward mail received on behalf of our clients
- Assist co-workers with their clerical and other duties
- Answer phone inquiries and assist customers
Who We Are:
USA Corporate Services is a 38 year old company formation services located in midtown Manhattan, opposite the Empire State Building on 34th Street, close to the 34th Street-Herald Square subway stop, Penn Station and 10 minutes from Grand Central Station. The company culture of USA Corporate Services is professional, fast-paced yet low-key.
- HS diploma, GED or equivalent education degree
- Must at least 18 years of age
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986
- The kind of person who hates to leave matters undone or unresolved
- A problem-solver
- Extremely Accurate with spelling and filing
- Like being a part of a team, yet able to function alone
- Enjoy keeping up to date with the latest procedures
The starting Salary is between $45,000 to $55,000 depending on industry and professional experience.
How to Apply :
Please let us know why you think you’d be a good match for this position at USA Corporate Services Inc, and what interests you about the company, as well as something that you feel comfortable to share about yourself. Your ability to express yourself clearly in your writing is important to us.
Please note: Resumes without cover letters will NOT be considered. NO phone calls. No recruiters please.
OK, thank you for reading this far. This job really does call for a diligent, detail-oriented person, and someone who is willing to put in the effort to learn the rules of many different jurisdictions. Accuracy is absolutely critical since it costs money and time to fix a misspelling on a public filing. Even worse, every mistake really pisses off customers, too!
The reason we ask for a non-boiler plate cover letter plus a resume is that we hire people, not resumes. It’s a small office here, and everyone gets to know everyone else very well. If you are a great fit with our culture, every day will be a happy experience for everyone (really!). If you are just looking for a job — any job — while looking for what you really want, this pleasant environment will be disturbed, and the source will be apparent. You won’t be happy, the people forced to cover for your mistakes surely won’t be happy and the person who would love to be in this situation will be left out. This is not a recipe for happiness.
It is possible that the right person for the job is not a great writer, but if you can be sincere about yourself and your interests using simple sentences and generally correct grammar you’ll be in good shape.